|Sitemap | Print | Accessibility | Privacy Statement | Data Protection | Child Protection |
Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children, and no theories.
-- John Wilmot
While parenting has been described in many different ways, there is no instruction manual.
However, Sligo County Library Service have a large number of books available on the topic. The following selection offers just a flavour of what is on offer through your local branch.
- Can I give them back now? The aargh to zzzz of parenting by Joanna Simmons (9780224086257)
- You want to do what? Instant answers to your parenting dilemmas by Karen Sullivan (9780007254378)
- Living With Teenagers: 3 Kids, 2 Parents, 1 Hell of a Bumpy Ride (9780755317547)
- Single Parents: The Essential Guide by Sarah Edwards (9781861440556)
- When Parents Split: support, information and encouragement for teenagers by Glynis Good (9781842181607)
- Positive Parenting for Children on the Autistic Spectrum by Stella Waterhouse (1902710533)
- Green Parenting: the best for you, your children and the environment by Melissa Corkhill (1904601391)
- The Working Parent’s Survival Guide: how to balance work and Family Life by Irene Pilia (0706376439)
- Practical Parenting: An Irish Survival Guide by Pat Rees (1901658635)
- Parenting is Child’s Play: how to give your child the best start in life and to have fun doing it by David Coleman (9781844881406)