HoldFirm – the HSE’s new campaign
On May 9th, 2020 the HSE’s new campaign called HoldFirm was launched. The campaign takes inspiration from President Michael D Higgins’ poem, Take Care. Acknowledging the public’s monumental efforts to keep frontline and essential workers safe by staying home, some frontline staff have joined together to give new meaning to the President’s inspirational words, which can be viewed here. You can also view the HoldFirm TV ad here.
We are very grateful for your help in sharing the campaign message of the importance for all of us to #HoldFirm. Your creativity has been incredible – You can visit the #HoldFirm Twitter top activity here. Thank you so much for your fantastic support.
There are now new campaign assets available, incl. HoldFirm colouring sheets for both children and adults, which can be found here under ‘HoldFirm assets’.
You can also download the #HoldFirm twibbon for your social media accounts here.
At Home Activities
Community champions and organisations continue to find inventive ways to support people with dementia and their families. Here is a selection of activities:
- Dawn Chorus is an initiative which strives to bring Ireland together in Harmony while staying apart. Both newly formed singing groups of family & friends and established choirs are getting involved. This week, they are turning the focus to songs which generations can learn and sing together. All songs have a video to sing along with, a sheet of lyrics you can print off, and notes will be added shortly for the more musically adept https://dawnchorus.ie/the-songs/
- Singing for the Brain also brings people together through songs, stories and smiles. Everyone is welcome to tune into a Zoom Singing for the Brain Group. No singing experience necessary! To join the group you can email Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you a link.
- Keeping active is one of the most important parts of staying healthy and while we might not be able to get out and about, Siel Bleu Ireland is offering you a way to continue with your exercise in the comfort of your own home. In case you didn’t catch their Live exercise classes on Facebook and youtube, you can see all their videos and a downloadable guide that you can print and follow along at home here http://www.sielbleu.ie/home/at-home-guides/
Helpline and Resources
- The Alzheimer Society of Ireland’s National Helpline is providing a free call-back service which offers people with dementia and family carers from anywhere in Ireland the opportunity to book a 1:1 session with a Dementia Nurse or a Dementia Adviser during the COVID-19 public health emergency. People with dementia and their family carers who want to avail of this new service can contact the National Helpline to make an appointment which is open six days a week Monday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 10am–4pm on 1800 341 341.
- Emma O’Brien’s At Home Activities booklet is now available in print. We have also developed Dementia Inclusive tipsheets for businesses and organisations, such as libraries, post offices, retailers, pharmacies, arts & cultural organisations. The booklet and tipsheets can be ordered free of charge from https://www.healthpromotion.ie/publication/fullListing?category=Dementia&searchHSE=
- Please check here for the most up to date HSE resources for COVID-19, including the latest COVID-19 poster in English and Irish, the updated Cocooning Public Health Advice easy read guide, the HSE Approved Guidance for Disability Services as well as other resources and materials.