Sligo Central Library are delighted to announce the details of the Summer Stars 2019 Award ceremony, taking place on Monday, 19th of August.
Due to unprecedented demand and with nearly 1300 children taking part in this year’s Reading Challenge, this prestigious ceremony will take place in The Glasshouse Hotel, to allow space for everyone to enjoy.
On the day we will have a puppet show, spot prizes, treats for everyone who attends the ceremony plus a presentation of a medal and certificate by a representative of the County Council and local sports star.
The medal can be presented to your school in September to avail of your Homework Free Pass.
DIRECTIONS ON RECEIVING YOUR TEXT MESSAGE:
- Each participant will receive a text message which will include the time and details of their award presentation.
- Included in your text message is a mobile phone number (0877203199) with which you reply to ONLY if you are attending the award ceremony.
- It is important that you confirm your attendance for your allocated time to this phone number, by replying YES, along with the number of children in your household who have participated in this year’s challenge and are attending.
- If you are not able to attend you DO NOT need to REPLY.
- If you don’t reply, there may not be a medal or certificate on the day.
- Please, follow these directions, in order to avoid disappointment of not receiving a medal or certificate on the day.
- Medals and certificates will be available to those who cannot attend at the desk in Sligo Central Library, after Monday 19th of August.
Disclaimer: Photographs will be taken on the day, if you would prefer your child to not be a part of them, please let a member of staff know. Thank you.
(Your Man’s Puppets)