Spring Into Story Time
Spring into Story Time is a national programme delivering a minimum of one children’s story time in every library during the month of April.
Spring into Story Time in April 2017 was the first countrywide focus on story time in public libraries. Part of the Right to Read Campaign within the Opportunities for All national strategic plan for public libraries 2013 – 2017, Spring into Story Time arose from a recommendation of the Public Libraries Literacy and Reading Development Working Group and the findings of a 2016 pilot initiative.
The Goal was to hold at least one story time session in every public library in the country. Spring into Story Time was designed to be inclusive and open to all. Beyond its comprehensive national goal, individual library services were free to select their markets and local delivery arrangements.
Over the past two years Spring into Story Time has become a fundamental part of the Right to Read service with story times being one of the most common and most popular services available to library users. The number of story times delivered grows each April, providing greater access to this programme to more users.
The following Spring into Story Time events are happening in your local Library:
Ballymote Community Library:
- Thurs April 11th – 11am-12Noon: Old MacDonald Stories and Songs with Eithne
- Tues April 16th – 10am – 10.45am: Easter Tales with Eithne – Junior Infants SMGS Ballymote – Offsite @ the classroom.
- Tues April 23rd – 3pm – 4pm: Worlds Worst Children with Wayne O Connor
- Tues April 24th – 11am-12am: Easter Tales with Eithne: Busy Bees Creche Collooney visit to library
- Saturday April 6th at 11.00am
- Saturday April 13th at 11.00am
- Saturday April 27th at 11.00am
Sligo Central Library:
- Tuesday April 2nd at 10.00am (Closed Event)
- Wednesday April 10th at 10.00am (Closed Event)
- Wednesday April 17th at 11.30am: Easter Egg Hunt and Story Time Age: 7 and Under
- Wednesday April 24th at 11.30am (Open Event): Storytime: 6+
- Tuesday April 30th at 10.00am and 3.00pm (Closed Event)
Tubbercurry Community Library:
- Friday April 5th at 10.00am
- Friday April 12th at 10.00am
- Friday April 26th at 11.30am