From March 29th, Sligo County Library Service along with libraries all over the country, will introduce a new online library system with improved functionality to help us provide a better service to library members.
Sligo Library borrowers existing details, including current holds, will also carry over to the new system.
The new system will have many improved features.
– Logging into your library account, and managing your reserves, reading lists and contact information will be much easier.
– The catalogue will be easier to use and will have images and recommendations as well as themed bookshelves and links to useful resources.
– You will be able to find, borrow and reserve eBooks and eAudiobooks as well as physical books in one searchable catalogue.
– You will be able to renew your library membership online.
– Our new system will also look and work great on mobile phones and tablets.
Some borrowers who have not used our traditional or online services for the past few months may, unknowingly, have an expired library account.
Unfortunately if this is the case then they will not have access to our online services until we complete the changeover to the new system. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
From March 21st – 28th, your online account will be temporarily unavailable and you will not be able to reserve or renew items online.
During this time, you will still be able to browse and borrow in your library and other library services.
All loans will be extended so you don’t need to worry about renewing items while your account is unavailable.
Thank you for your patience as we work to deliver the new and improved online experience.
Our new system will go live on Tuesday, March 29th. Please keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates.