Hurrah! You made it to the Europe Direct Web Page! And you’ve watched our amazing nature video on how to be a Citizen Scientist! It’s so great you’re excited to help our pollinators and biodiversity, thank you!
To enter the competition to win one of ten Kodak Macro Lens kits for your mobile phone simply send in your wildflower or pollinator photo to [email protected] and/or post your picture on Facebook and tag @europedirectsligo for another chance to win! It’s that simple :)
You have until the 19th of June to enter and we’ll draw the names from a hat. We will share some of the photos on our Facebook page to inspire others to join in :) Please follow the Europe Direct Facebook page (@europedirectsligo) to keep up to date on competition announcements and future events.
Now for some goodies! The links below will lead you to an amazing downloadable biodiversity board game and a lovely factsheet to help you become an environmental champion as well as a Citizen Scientist! I have also included some more links for you to investigate! Happy nature adventures :) Please email me if you’ve been inspired by the project and want to share your experience or if you have any questions, I’d love to hear… [email protected]
More from Michael at Nature Learn
For help identifying wildflowers there is a helpful group on Facebook and of course you can search our incredible all Ireland library catalogue and order in books to help you!
What is a Europe Direct Information Centre?
The Europe Direct Centre (EDIC) at Sligo Library is your starting point for finding information about the EU. The centre provides access to material covering a wide variety of topics, including:
- General information about how the EU works.
- Information about the various EU institutions and agencies.
- The latest news about EU affairs and events.
- Information about citizen rights in the EU.
The Europe Direct Centre at Sligo Library is part of a network of similar centres across the European Union, including 8 more across the Republic of Ireland. The Sligo centre is located with the Local Studies Library towards the rear of the building as you come in the main entrance of the Library
EDIC Sligo offers a range of facilities and resources:
- A selection of free EU publications and brochures covering a wide range of EU related topics.
- Free public computers to search for specific information about EU related matters.
- Free public telephone where you can call the Europe Direct Citizen’s Helpline with queries on any aspect of the EU that are of interest to you: 00800 6 7 8 9 10 11.
What type of queries can Europe Direct help me with?
- Enquiries about how to obtain an EU Passport.
- Information about legal matters relating to EU legislation.
- Requests for information on setting up a business in the EU.
- Information about citizen and consumer rights in the EU.
- Requests for general documentation on the workings of the EU and its institutions
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 00353 (0)71 9111670
Post: Europe Direct Sligo, Sligo Central Library, Stephen Street, Sligo
- Follow Europe Direct Sligo on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/europedirectsligo
- Follow Europe Direct Sligo on Twitter www.twitter.com/EDICSligo
- Europe Direct Ireland Website: http://www.europedirect.ie
- Visit Europe Direct Website: http://www.europa.eu
- View a list of EU Departments and Services: https://ec.europa.eu/info/departments_en
“Irish organic dairy farming and the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030: a real alternative for conventional dairy farmers?” Wednesday 18th November 2020. Available to view on the EDIC Sligo YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqxKFAF6lShw1SD1emrMUA
the main certifying body for organic production and processing in Ireland, and she is the Project manager for the MOPS EIP-AGRI Project.
. He is also a board member of The Irish Organic Association and Chairperson of The Urban Co-op, a community based organic grocery in Limerick.
Click here to add your own text
Video starts after 4 minutes.
Citizen’s Dialogue which took place Thursday 7th of February.